NATIONAL

Naxalism – Amit Shah Highlights Push for Developed and Peaceful Bastar

Naxalism – The campaign to eliminate Naxalism from India has shown visible progress, with Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde praising Union Home Minister Amit Shah for leading efforts to restore peace in affected regions. Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Shinde said the situation in Maharashtra’s Gadchiroli district has improved significantly as employment opportunities and development projects continue to expand.

Naxalism amit shah bastar development

Improvement Seen in Gadchiroli Region

According to Shinde, the decline in Naxal-related activities in Gadchiroli reflects the impact of continuous security measures and welfare programs introduced in the region. He noted that better livelihood options are encouraging local communities to move away from extremist influence.

The Maharashtra leader said the Centre’s mission to make the country free from Naxal violence is progressing steadily. He added that districts once heavily affected by insurgency are now witnessing gradual economic and social improvements.

Shinde also expressed gratitude to Amit Shah for strengthening anti-Naxal operations and supporting development-focused initiatives in remote tribal areas. He stated that the broader objective is not only to remove violence but also to ensure long-term stability and growth in these regions.

Amit Shah Outlines Bastar Development Vision

Earlier in the day, Amit Shah addressed a press conference in Chhattisgarh, where he spoke about the government’s larger plan for Bastar. He said achieving a Naxal-free environment is only one part of the mission, while the long-term target is to transform Bastar into a fully developed region by 2031.

Shah stated that years of extremist violence had slowed development in Bastar, preventing the region from reaching its full potential. He said the government now intends to accelerate infrastructure growth, public services, and economic opportunities across the area.

The Home Minister recalled that after the formation of the new state government in December 2023, authorities intensified operations against remaining Naxal groups in Bastar. He also referred to a national meeting of police chiefs held in August 2024, during which a deadline was announced to eliminate Naxalism across the country by March 31.

Security Operations Expanded Across Bastar

Shah said the combined efforts of security personnel have played a major role in reducing insurgent activity faster than expected. He credited the courage and sacrifice of security forces for achieving progress ahead of schedule in several areas.

To strengthen operations in Bastar’s seven districts, the Ministry of Home Affairs established nearly 200 security camps over recent years. These camps were aimed at improving coordination, increasing security presence, and helping authorities reach remote villages previously affected by violence.

The government now plans to convert 70 of these camps into public service centres during the first phase of redevelopment. These facilities will be known as Veer Shaheed Gundadhur Seva Deras and are expected to provide essential government services to tribal communities living in distant areas.

Focus on Tribal Welfare and Economic Growth

The Centre has also outlined economic goals for the region over the next five years. Shah said the administration aims to increase the income levels of people in Bastar several times through better connectivity, employment schemes, and rural development projects.

Officials believe that improved access to healthcare, education, transport, and welfare services will help strengthen trust among local residents and support long-term peace in the region. The government has repeatedly stated that development and security must work together to permanently end extremist influence in tribal districts.

 

Back to top button