TrumpIranTensions – Security Concerns Rise Amid Alleged Threat to Ivanka Trump
TrumpIranTensions – A recent report has revealed that Ivanka Trump, daughter of US President Donald Trump, was allegedly the target of a planned assassination attempt linked to an Iraqi national with suspected ties to Iran-backed militant groups. The development comes at a time of heightened geopolitical strain between Washington and Tehran, alongside reports that the US administration is considering additional military action in the Middle East.

Suspect Allegedly Sought Revenge for Soleimani Strike
According to reports published by the New York Post, the accused individual has been identified as 32-year-old Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi. Investigators believe the suspect was motivated by the 2020 US drone strike that killed Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani during Donald Trump’s earlier presidency.
Authorities reportedly discovered documents and digital material connected to Ivanka Trump’s residence in Florida. Investigators also allege that threatening online messages were posted, warning that American security agencies would not be able to prevent retaliation attacks.
Former Iraqi diplomat Entifadh Qanbar reportedly claimed the suspect frequently expressed anger toward the Trump family and allegedly made repeated statements about targeting Ivanka Trump as an act of revenge connected to events in Iraq and Iran.
Arrest Made in Turkey Before Extradition
The suspect was detained in Turkey on May 15 before being transferred to the United States for further legal proceedings. American investigators have linked him to several violent incidents and attempted attacks in Europe and North America.
Officials allege that the accused had connections to at least 18 separate operations, including attempted assaults on diplomatic locations, attacks on Jewish institutions, and incidents involving explosives, firearms, and knife attacks. Authorities are continuing to examine whether additional individuals or organizations were involved.
Alleged Links to Iran-Backed Groups Under Investigation
Investigators claim Al-Saadi maintained ties with Kata’ib Hezbollah, an Iran-backed Iraqi militia group that has previously been accused by the US of involvement in regional militant activities. Reports also suggest he had links to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, widely known as the IRGC.
Researcher Elizabeth Tsurkov reportedly stated that the suspect was connected to networks associated with both Qasem Soleimani and his successor, Esmail Qaani. US officials are now reviewing travel records, communications, and financial transactions tied to the accused.
Authorities further allege that the suspect used an Iraqi service passport and operated through a travel agency to conceal his movements between countries. Despite claims of covert activity, investigators said he maintained an active social media presence, posting photographs from multiple European cities and sharing images involving military equipment.
US Authorities Increase Security Monitoring
The suspect is currently being held in solitary confinement at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn while federal authorities continue their investigation. Security agencies are reportedly examining whether there were any immediate threats to members of the Trump family or other American officials.
The case has emerged during a period of increasing concern over regional instability and growing tensions between the United States and Iran.
Reports Indicate Possible US Military Action
At the same time, reports from CBS News stated that President Donald Trump’s administration has been discussing the possibility of launching fresh military strikes against Iran. Sources familiar with internal discussions reportedly said no final decision had yet been taken.
Several military and intelligence personnel are also said to have cancelled Memorial Day weekend plans amid uncertainty surrounding possible developments in the region.
Donald Trump had reportedly intended to spend the holiday weekend at his golf property in New Jersey. However, reports indicate he is now expected to remain closer to Washington as international developments continue unfolding.
Trump to Miss Son’s Wedding Amid Global Tensions
The president also confirmed that he would not attend the upcoming wedding of his son, Donald Trump Jr., citing official responsibilities and ongoing international concerns. Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said current global circumstances required his presence in Washington.
He reportedly described the timing of the wedding as difficult due to developments involving Iran and broader international matters. According to reports, the president is expected to return to the White House following scheduled appearances in New York.