Accident – Two Workers Killed After Structure Collapses at Delhi Factory
Accident – Two labourers were killed on Thursday after a temporary structure and loose soil collapsed at a factory in outer north Delhi, trapping them beneath the debris. The incident occurred around midday in the Bhorgarh Phase-II industrial area, leaving co-workers and local residents shaken.

Collapse During Ongoing Construction Work
According to police officials, the victims were identified as Ajay, 25, and Ram Milan, 45. Both men were working near a drain inside Factory No. L-246/247, close to Kali Mata Mandir, when the ground and an adjoining temporary wall suddenly caved in at approximately 12:15 pm.
Emergency services were alerted soon after the collapse. The injured workers were rushed to Satyawadi Raja Harish Chandra Hospital in Narela. However, doctors declared both men dead upon arrival. Medical legal certificates confirmed they had been brought to the hospital without signs of life.
An eyewitness present at the site told authorities that the two workers were engaged in construction-related activity when loose earth and a makeshift structure above them gave way without warning.
Police Register Case, Probe Possible Negligence
Officers from the Narela Industrial Area police station inspected the location and noted that unstable soil and an unsafe temporary structure appeared to have contributed to the accident. A case has been registered under relevant provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita.
Police officials stated that they are examining whether proper safety measures were in place at the time of the incident. The role of the contractor and factory management is under scrutiny, and investigators are assessing whether negligence led to the fatal collapse. Further inquiries are ongoing.
The tragedy has once again highlighted concerns over safety standards at construction sites across the capital, particularly in industrial clusters where temporary installations are common.
Earlier Fatal Incident Linked to Uncovered Pit
In a separate case earlier this month, Delhi Police detained and later arrested individuals in connection with the death of a 25-year-old motorcyclist in West Delhi’s Janakpuri area. The victim, identified as Kamal Dhyani, died after his motorcycle plunged into a deep, uncovered pit allegedly dug during road work.
The accident took place late at night when Kamal was travelling with family members nearby. According to investigators, the pit had been excavated in the middle of the road as part of ongoing work linked to the Delhi Jal Board project. The site reportedly lacked adequate barricading and warning signs.
Police said a labourer present at the location informed subcontractor Rajesh Prajapati about the incident but left the scene shortly afterward. Prajapati was later arrested after investigators found that he had been notified of the accident around 12:22 am but failed to take immediate steps to assist the injured rider.
Rescue Efforts and Investigation Findings
When officers arrived, they found the victim and his motorcycle inside a large excavation measuring approximately 20 feet in length, 13 feet in width, and around 14 feet in depth. Fire brigade personnel were called to retrieve him from the pit.
Kamal was transported to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital in a police control room vehicle. Despite efforts to save him, hospital authorities later informed police that he had succumbed to his injuries.
Investigators are examining compliance with safety protocols and contractual obligations in connection with the roadwork. Officials indicated that responsibility will be determined based on evidence collected during the inquiry.
Both incidents have prompted renewed discussion about adherence to construction safety norms in Delhi, particularly in densely populated and industrial areas where infrastructure and development projects are underway.