Extortion – Crime Branch Issues LOC in Ranveer Threat Case
Extortion – Mumbai Police have launched a coordinated investigation after a serious threat was issued to actor Ranveer Singh, prompting tighter security and legal action.

Mumbai Police have issued a Look Out Circular against an alleged member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang in connection with a threat made to actor Ranveer Singh and a demand for Rs 20 crore. The move comes as the Crime Branch’s Anti-Extortion Cell deepens its investigation into the matter.
Threat Verified, FIR Registered
According to officials, the case began after Ranveer Singh’s manager received a voice message from an individual claiming to be Harichandra, also known as Harry Boxer. In the recording, the caller allegedly demanded a ransom of Rs 20 crore and warned of serious consequences if the demand was not met.
Police said the audio clip was sent to authorities in Punjab and Haryana for forensic verification. After officials there confirmed that the voice matched that of Harry Boxer, Mumbai Police proceeded to register a First Information Report.
The FIR was filed by the Mumbai Cyber Police based on a complaint lodged by Ranveer’s manager, Vijay Subramanian. The Anti-Extortion Cell of the Crime Branch is now leading the investigation, coordinating with multiple agencies to track the suspect’s movements.
International Calls Raise Concerns
Investigators revealed that the manager had received several calls from an international number beginning with the +340 country code, believed to be linked to the Virgin Islands. The caller allegedly repeated the demand for money during these calls and issued threats directed at the actor.
Authorities are examining call records and digital evidence to determine the source of the communication and whether additional individuals were involved. The issuance of a Look Out Circular is aimed at preventing the accused from leaving the country and facilitating his detention if located.
Security Tightened Around Actor
In response to the threat, security arrangements at Ranveer Singh’s residence in Mumbai have been strengthened. Police have also advised the actor to exercise caution while travelling for film shoots and public appearances.
Officials confirmed that the threatening voice note included references to consequences that would be remembered for “seven generations” if the demands were ignored. The caller allegedly accused the actor of failing to honor a prior commitment and urged him to respond directly.
The message further mentioned filmmaker Rohit Shetty and appeared to claim responsibility for separate incidents of firing, including one reportedly linked to a property named “Marina Grand” and another location described as Sukhdev’s shop. Authorities are verifying these claims as part of the ongoing probe.
Link to Earlier Firing Incident
This development follows a previous case registered earlier this month involving alleged members of the same gang. On February 1, shots were fired outside the Juhu residence of filmmaker Rohit Shetty, triggering heightened concern within the film industry.
In that case, investigators arrested 12 individuals, including alleged shooter Deepak Sharma. Police stated that Sharma had opened fire at Shetty’s residence allegedly at the direction of the Shubham Lonkar group. The matter remains under investigation, with agencies examining possible connections between the two cases.
Multi-Agency Investigation Underway
Senior officers said the current investigation is being handled with urgency given the nature of the threats and the profile of those targeted. Cyber experts are assisting in tracing digital footprints, while interstate coordination continues to track down the accused.
The police have not disclosed further operational details but have assured that all necessary steps are being taken to ensure the safety of those involved and to bring the accused to justice.
The incident has once again drawn attention to security concerns surrounding public figures and the growing use of digital platforms in criminal intimidation cases. Authorities have urged anyone with relevant information to come forward as the probe continues.